[AmazonSteeringCte] Fw: draft of letter to 4j

Rachael Latimer rachaellatimer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 18:26:26 CDT 2019

The board has not discussed this at a meeting. This issue/concern just
cropped up after the 4j community meeting at Camas last week. An additional
meeting was held at Edison last night that did nothing to reassure parents
at either school.
I sent a couple of emails outlining the subject as I understand it and
asked for feedback regarding sending a letter to 4j. Two people responded
that they support the text I circulated. With only 3 directly stating their
support for the letter, it wouldn't be representative of the board.

If we want to discuss this as a board at a meeting, we can add it to the
April agenda. I can't remember the timeline for 4j to make a decision, but
I do remember that they are in the "pre-design" phase for Camas.
There are times when I feel that we need to respond to events between
meetings. I believe this is one of those times, especially if we want to
include other neighborhoods (you can imagine it take a while to get

-Rachael